IUE Research Center
At the IUE Research center we are committed to exceeding the highest ethical standards in all aspects of our work. As such, we expect from ourselves and offer to the public nothing less than honesty, integrity and accountability. We also promote greater diversity among scientists, staff, and students at all levels of the University.
The Research center provides an outstanding atmosphere for International University of Erbil researchers, broadly enabling significant advances in scientific research. It is academic organization dedicated to advancing, applying and facilitating high standards of social behavior and scientific research practices for a wide variety of research workers within the university, across community, state and national arenas.
To enable the achievement of excellence by the research community, partners with the research community shall:
- Create a culture of high achievement.
- Promote shared responsibility, the ethical conduct of research, and compliance.
- Strategically invest in promising research areas.
- Advocate for the needs of the IUE research community.
- Broaden awareness of the value of IUE research.
- Develop strong relationships with other Universities and research centers.
- Enhance the ability to perform research at a global level.
Shukriya Kurdistani Director Of Research Center
Shukriya’s work has covered a wide range of topics in international relations and security. Her articles have appeared in many publications including; Jerusalem, K24, Hawler newspaper, and NRT. Shukriya wrote a chapter for the book titled “State and Democracy” about Nation State and democracy that was published by Rudaw research center in 2017. Her new research is under publication which is about the Middle East stability and Kurdish question. Shukriya’s academic knowledge and field experience along with being fluent in five languages give her commentary a unique perspective on international and the Middle East region. She provides regular commentary for major Kurdish media outlets and Voice of America (VOA) and Australian SBS Radio. Her articles and interviews with on TV and radios have been focusing on American policy in the Middle East, and analysing Iran, Turkey, and Gulf states policy.
Previously, she served as the manager of the Kurdistan Student Union Media and Research Center and a co-founder of Peacebuilding Movement in Kurdistan Organization (BAN). Shukriya was interned in the United Nations Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island (OHRLLS) in 2018 to 2019. Currently, she is a co-founder and a board member of the American Kurdish Research Institute (AKRI).
Claremont Graduate University in California – Ph.D. International Security and Foreign Policy
Leicester University, UK – M.A., International Security
Salahaddin University, Erbil city – B.A., Law
Strategic goals and objectives
- Develop strategies and a plan for open and clear communication
- Improve access to key information
- Improve researcher productivity and satisfaction by reducing administrative burden
- Develop effective relationships with partners and campus researchers.
- Strategically analyze risks and benefits
- Cultivate an environment that stimulates, challenges and increases staff knowledge, skills and competencies through continuous learning
- Encourage staff engagement and participation at all levels of process improvement to achieve these goals.